Nowadays, people are more concerned about finding the right things that are safe for their kitchen and avoiding those that can have a harmful impact on their diet and health. Several kinds of research have been conducted upon the cookwares and the diseases caused by the toxic ingredients carried by them. Cancer, Ulcer, Heart diseases, and Liver inflammation are some common diseases caused as a result of unknowingly using hazardous cookware.
While speaking of cookwares that are safe and durable; we cannot ignore the importance of nickel free stainless steel cookware sets. Though these cookware sets are specially made for those who are allergic to nickel however they can safely serve any household without any doubt.
- 1 What is Nickel Free Stainless Steel Cookware?
- 2 HOMI CHEF 10-Piece Nickel Free Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 3 How to Clean Stainless Steel Cookware?
- 4 Handling Tips for Stainless Steel Cookware
- 5 Is stainless steel cookware safe?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
What is Nickel Free Stainless Steel Cookware?
Every one of us wants to prepare tasty and exquisite food for our loved ones to savor; but definitely, we can’t compromise onhygienic food practices.
Nickel is used in the manufacturing of stainless steel cookware because it gives resistance against high temperatures;helps prevent corrosion and let the cookware to keep its stainless steel shine.
The reason why manufacturers introduced Nickel free stainless steel cookware set is that some people are allergic to nickel and they get rashes or bumps with severe itching whenever they come in contact with Nickel made products; such as the zipper, jewelry, coins, eyeglasses, or stainless steel kitchen utensils or pots that contain nickel.
If you want to find how much nickel is used in the manufacturing of your stainless steel kitchen utensils, pots or pans then you can check the bottom or backside of your cookware. There you will see numeric such as 18/10 or 18/18; the first number denotes the presence of chromium and the second number refers to the quantity of nickel.
- Best non-stick pan without Teflon 2020 (Buyer’s Guide)
- Best nonstick pan material
- Is nonstick cookware harmful to health?
HOMI CHEF 10-Piece Nickel Free Stainless Steel Cookware Set
If you are looking for the safest stainless steel cookware that is nickel free yet offers a healthy cooking experience without leaching any harmful chemicals then this 10-Piece Nickel Free Stainless Steel Cookware Set (Buy on Amazon) from HOMICHEF would be the perfect choice for you.
This elegant mirror-polished copper band set comprised of nickel free stainless steel pots and pans that includes a covered stockpot, covered sauté pan, two differently sized covered saucepans, and frying pans. Except for frying pans, lids are provided with each item and considered as an individual piece.
This is the best stainless steel cookware for nickel allergy sufferers that not only lets you explore the adventurous gourmet chef in you but the allergen-free pots and pans keep you safe from any possible allergy.
Commonly in low-cost stainless steel cookwares, manufacturers used industrial-grade nickel which is popular for corrosion resistance but rich in toxins and may leach harmful chemicals on regular use. However, this fine figure copper band set is not only a combination of classic beauty and high-grade culinary performance; it is constructed with safe yet non-allergic JYH21CT stainless steel and NICKEL FREE AISI 430. That makes it a durable, heat conductive and corrosion-resistant cookware.
Usually, nonstick cookwares are not provided with durable nontoxic coating; that is why they wear out easily within few years. However, this stainless steel cookware set from HOMICHEF is not coated with PFOA and PTFE and that is why it is considered the best stainless steel cookware that is free of health hazard. The 5-mm thick tri-ply construction consists of aluminum and stainless steel layers ensuring even heat distribution, natural stick resistance without creating any hotspots and leaching harmful chemicals.
The riveted stainless steel handles ensure a comfortable grip and stay cool while placed on the cooktop for a longer period of time or exposed to high temperatures. The transparent tempered glass lids help to keep an eye on the food while cooking, maintains moisture, and make sure the heat is circulating.
This nickel free set is considered the safest stainless steel cookware to be used with different cooktops such as gas stove, induction stove, ceramic, and halogen and is oven-safe can take heat up to 400 F. This nickel free stainless steel cookware set is can be effortlessly cleaned in a dishwasher.
Must Read This: Can you Put Non Stick Pans in the Dishwasher?
You can also read about some other Brands of Cookware:
- MasterClass Cookware Reviews – Useful Guide 2021
- Top 5 Circulon Cookware Reviews – [My Honest Guide]
- Best Pioneer Woman Cookware Set – Reviews 2021
- Tri-ply construction consists of aluminum and stainless steel layers
- Free from PFOA and PTFE toxic nonstick coating
- Riveted stay-cool stainless-steel handles
- Compatible with gas, ceramic, halogen induction cooktops
- Can resist oven temperature up to 400F
- Sauté pans are too small to cook
- Heavy duty cooking may cause discoloration
How to Clean Stainless Steel Cookware?
- No matter what your manufacturer claims about dishwashing your cookware; the best way to keep your nickel free stainless steel pots and pans in good shape is to hand wash them with warm soapy water. You might not able to notice it initially but dishwashing may compromise the shine and finish of stainless steel cookware leaving it with gross scratches and spots.
- Sometimes in households water has a high level of calcium. If you find evidence of chalky white water in your house then you need to take special care of your stainless steel cookware. First of all you need to make sure that the water you are using to wash your cookware is free from this residue. In order to do this fill your pot or pan with a mixture of vinegar and water make sure the quantity is 1:3, now turn on your stovetop, and bring this mixture to heat until it boils then take it off the stove and let it cool for a while. Now wash your cookware with warm soapy water.
- If you don’t find it working then you can fill the pan with water covering all the damaged parts and let that water to boil. While the water starts to boil add few teaspoons of salt and turn off the stove. Let the water to stay in there for sometime. You can now throw off the salt solution and scrub the burnt parts with a sponge. The process can be repeated if required.
- You can replace salt with lemon juice or white vinegar if you find salt not working.
- If your stainless steel cookware is damaged by extreme heat temperature; then you can clean the burn marks using baking soda. Before starting make sure that your cookware is dry. Sprinkle a substantial amount of baking soda onto the pan’s or pot’s surface and rub it with a dry sponge. If needed you can make baking soda paste with water and scrub it with a sponge.
- How to Clean Non Stick Pans with Burnt On – Useful Guide
- How to Fix Scratched Non stick Pan? 4 Simple Steps
Handling Tips for Stainless Steel Cookware
Buying cookware that is safe yet durable is a challenge itself. However, if you are successful in buying the best stainless steel cookware; then you should take proper measures to keep your stainless steel cookware in good condition.
- Always try to wash your cookware right after they are cooled down. Don’t keep the dirty pans and pots to stay in the sink overnight.
- Many expensive cookware brands claim their products to be dishwasher safe. No matter how legit their claim is, don’t go for it. Always prefer to hand wash with warm water and non-abrasive washing pads or sponges.
- Never use your cookware to store leftover food; they are not constructed with the materials that support storing food or refrigerating your leftover meal.
- Avoid using steel wool or abrasive scouring pads. You may find them helpful in cleaning and removing stains but they can leave nasty scratches over the surface of your shiny stainless steel cookware’s surface.
- Try to be gentle use normal dishwashing soap with nylon scouring pads. Don’t use bleach and harsh liquids the will stain and damage the surface.
- Avoid changing extreme temperatures; don’t soak hot pans or pots in the sink. A sudden temperature change may cause warping.
- Don’t wash your stainless steel cookware with hard water. It can cause nasty white stains and you may end up losing the shine and glaze of your stainless steel cookware.
- Cooking, storing, or simmering highly acidic foods may cause corrosion in stainless steel cookware to avoid practicing this.
- Always cook on medium temperature. This way your food doesn’t get a burn or stick to the surface. Non stick pans are good option for you as well if you are worry about food sticking.
- Soaking your stainless pan or pot for hours may cause pitting.
Is stainless steel cookware safe?
Choosing cookware for your kitchen is not that simple. It Is good to know the pros of your cookware but it is also important to know the risks associated with it. each cookware you are considering to purchase. Instead of looking for the brands, we suggest you look for the materials that could serve your needs and better. For instance, if you are allergic to nickel then you should buy the best stainless steel cookware that is nickel free; and not every brand manufactures nickel free stainless steel cookware sets.
If you are looking for a low maintenance kitchen appliance that is durable, heat resistant, and ensures healthy cooking then stainless steel is the better answer. A good quality stainless steel is way better than any other non stick cookware. Pots or pans made with Teflon contains PTFE and PFOA break down easily on overheating which is not good for health. People consider Aluminum cookware safe but they don’t serve long and if you go for a low-priced Aluminum then it may leach chemicals which may lead to Alzheimer’s disease. Copper alone can also cause heart diseases. Glass and Ceramic wares are not hazardous but they are not good conductors of heat while cast iron needs special care otherwise it gets rust easily.
Stainless steel is a sturdy, heat and corrosion-resistant cookware that doesn’t get warp or rusty comparing to other cookware. The best thing about stainless steel is that it is non-reactive metal and can be cleaned effortlessly. Speaking of stainless steel cookware pros and cons the only thing which impacts people on a limited scale is the allergy that is caused by the presence of nickel which ensures resistance against corrosion and heat.
However, the manufacturers have also found a solution for it. They have introduced Nickel-free stainless steel cookware that is much safer harder yet expensive cookware. You can find Nickle free cookwares in grade 330 and 400 series of stainless steel. Before buying a nickel free cookware make sure to read the numeric stamp present on its bottom the first number indicates the presence of chromium and the second one teel about the percentage of nickel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is nickel free stainless steel cookware safe?
Nickel free stainless steel pots and pans are safest to use. They are relatively more expensive as compare to other cookware sets as they are made from high-grade surgical stainless steel.
What is the safest cookware for your health?
Speaking of safest cookware sets we cannot deny the fact that the Ceramic cookware set tops the list followed by Aluminum cookware and then nickel free is considered the safest stainless steel cookware set.
What is the disadvantage of stainless steel?
The main things which are considered as the biggest disadvantage is that stainless Steel cookware are highly expensive and prone to corrosion.
What are the pros and cons of stainless steel cookware?
Stainless steel cookware pros and cons are as follows:
PROS: Stainless steel cookware sets are constructed with copper/aluminum cores known for even heat conductivity. Talking of stainless steel cookware pros and cons it would be unfair not to discuss their durability and long-lasting performance.Not only this are they non-reactive letting the cooks to prepare almost anything in it. They are also dishwasher safe.
CONS: Stainless steel cookware sets that arenot made with copper and aluminum core do not conduct heat well.Safest stainless steel cookwares that areknown for their quality and durabilityare highly-expensive. Though stainless steel kitchen utensils, pots, and pans are easy to clean but abrasive cleaning may compromise the shiny beautiful coating of the cookware.
Why do chefs use stainless steel pans?
Stainless steel pans are preferred by chefs because these pans are highly durable can withstand high temperatures, corrosion-resistant, and do not react with acidic foods.