It is really hard to find a budget friendly cookware that is durable and good at performing for variety of cooking tasks.
However, if we talk about stainless steel cookware we find that Cook N Home cookware has gained reputation in the market.
Also Read Related Articles:
- Rachael Ray Stainless Steel Cookware Reviews – Useful Guide
- Viking Stainless Steel Cookware Reviews – Top 3 Shortlisted
- Calphalon Stainless Steel Cookware Reviews – [Top 4 Picks]
On various ecommerce websites, we have found positive Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel cookware set reviews that suggests the cookware has some legit reasons for it.
Let’s find and explore the features of the cookware and why it is considered some of the best cook n home cookware sets.
- 1 Cleaning and Maintenance for Cook N Home Cookware
- 2 How to Use Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set?
- 3 Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 4 Pros and Cons of Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 5 Is Cook N Home Stainless Steel Cookware Oven safe?
- 6 Advantages & Disadvantages of Stainless Steel
- 7 Conclusion
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
Cleaning and Maintenance for Cook N Home Cookware
Cleaning and maintaining the cookware as suggested by the manufacturer help to add life to their service.
Before cleaning up your cookware the best approach is to consult what is written in the manual or is recommended by the manufacturer.
Though the cook n home stainless steel frying pans and pots are highly durable and unlike the cook n home nonstick cookware it withstands dishwashing.
However, here’s how you should clean or maintain your Cook N Home 12-piece cookware set.
- The most annoying part while using stainless steel is to face the white spots. The trick to get rid of those water marks is to actually dry the pots and pans immediately right after washing with a table cloth or kitchen towel. Air drying is the main reason why it happens, if you don’t get it dry soon you can simply rub damp cloth or a moist sponge with sprinkled baking soda, and later rinse as usual.
- Boiling salted water is the reason for pitting corrosion in stainless steel cookware. Pitting corrosion is kind of tiny and irreparable pockmarks appeared in the bottom of the pot. So the experts recommend adding salt later after once the liquid meal or water is boiled.
- Always add ingredients, once the pan is hot and oil is added to it. According to experts, adding oil to the hot pans makes the surface non stick for a time period. If you add ingredients to the cold pan or if the oil is not properly heated your ingredients will get burned and unevenly cooked.
- Whether you use cook n home nonstick cookware or stainless steel pots and pans, prevent your cookware from thermal shocks. Thermal shocks cause corrosion. It happens when you put cold ingredients into hot pans right after taken out from the refrigerator or hot cookware immersed into the sink or cold water right after cooking.
- Best Granite Rock Pan Reviews – Top Rated Non Stick Pans
- Are Non stick Pans Safe – Facts You Must Know
- How to Season Non Stick Pan – Step By Step Guide
- Let the cold foods to thaw for some time before adding them into hot pan. Adding chilled ingredients to hot stainless steel pans cause the ingredients to stick. If you are cooking meat, chicken, or fish don’t put them into hot pans straight from the refrigerator rather allow them to thaw for 10 to 15 minutes before adding it to the hot pots or pans.
- Though stainless steel is a sturdy material and since Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set is dishwasher you can send it to the dishwasher; however, regular dishwashing can be compromising for the quality of the cookware. When opt for hand washing only use non abrasive sponges or washing pads. Harsh chemicals and cleaning solutions can damage the finish of your cookware.
- Clean your cookware right after cooking and once they are cooled off. Sometimes the cookware is not dirty and it is left unwashed for longer period of time it causes unhealthy enzymes to build up or make the food particles stickier.
- Do not preheat your pots and pans on high heat. High quality stainless steel is good at heat retention. Preheating at high heat leads to overheating and will result in burning your food.
- In order to check whether the oil is heated and good to add ingredients, test it by adding a pinch of flour to the oil. if it make a sizzling sound and you find small bubbles around the flour indicates the oil is now hot enough to add ingredients. If the oil is not hot enough you will not find any changes occur to the flour.
- Always use wooden or nylon utensils to prevent scratches. Do not use knife, fork and sharp edged utensils in the cookware.
- You may sufficient quantity of oil or butter but using of spray oil is not recommended by the manufacturer.
How to Use Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set?
The Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set is suitable for cooktops including gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction and oven.
The manufacturer has clearly mentioned that the cookware is not broiler safe so if you use your broiler then this cookware will not help you with it.
Since it is not a non stick cookware, it is free from hazardous outcomes of traditional non stick coatings such as leaching, flaking or toxic fumes.
However, stainless steel comes with its own challenges such as food gets stick easily with it. You need to be vigilant with the oil as using grease might cause the ingredients to stick.
Preheat the oil in your cook and home cookware before adding ingredients. Preheated oil acts as non stick surface and serves as a barrier to prevent food from burning or sticking to the surface.
The manufacturer and the Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set reviews suggest cooking on low to medium heat.
Cooking on high heat will result in unevenly cooked food. Unless you are boiling water or deep frying, low and medium cooking temperature is recommended.
The 18/10 stainless steel used in the construction of Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set retains heat well so cooking at high temperature causes the pots and pans to overheat which transfers the heat to the food causing it to burn from the outside while remain uncooked from the inside.
Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
This mirror polished cookware set is made of stainless steel featuring an aluminum disk.
The 18/10 stainless steel layer along with aluminum disc ensures durability while conducting heat evenly and quickly as expected.
You may find the walls thin but they form a sturdy built so there is no chance it can get corrode or damage easily.
Made from tempered glass the lids shows a clear overview of the meal, the glass being a good insulator stays cool and the vent hole helps to avoid chances of splattering or boil over by letting go excess steam.
The stainless steel loop handle offers much room to grab and hold. The stainless steel rims on the lids snugly fits in to the top of the cook n home frying pans and pots.
Performance and Compatibility
Thanks to the aluminum disk the cook n home stainless steel cookware heated evenly and quickly.
If you know how to handle the stainless steel then you get to achieve perfectly brown and evenly cooked meal.
Since the cook n home stainless steel frying pans and pots are not non stick you may find difficult; however a little patience and maintained heat may help you prevent sticking food.
Though it doesn’t easily foods just like the, cook n home nonstick cookware but a little trick can help in easy release.
Since the walls of cook n home stainless steel cookware are made from thin material, they don’t hold heat for longer periods; however, with the help of lid on they can keep the food warm for some time.
The manufacturer suggests not using these cook n home frying pans and pots on high heat as they can warp or discolor, rather they should be heated slowly and you may gradually increase the temperature to medium.
In such scenario, it is best not to preheat cookware and avoid giving thermal shocks.
Thermal shocks happens when you cold liquids or water to hot pan or immerse a hot pan in cold water or sink; both of these things could warp your cookware.
These cook n home stainless steel frying pans and pots can work on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, induction and oven up to 500F which is makes it perfect to bake or roast different meals without a doubt.
The glass lids can stand to 350F so you might have to leave them in covered. IF you like to use broiler then you should think otherwise because it doesn’t support so.
Though the manufacturer claims that the cookware is dishwasher safe but repeated dishwashing can cause discoloring to the pots and pans.
Avoid steel wool and other metals scouring pads to get rid of sticky food and stains.
As per the Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set reviews, the pots and pans are prone to white spots when cooking acidic foods or adding salt early in the cooking.
However, such stains are not permanent and you can get rid of them easily. The pots and pans are not recommended for storing food and doing so for longer periods of time can damage the metal finish.
This cook n home stainless steel cookware comes in the category of inexpensive pots and pans. If you are looking for a reasonable priced pots and pans that can perform well, it can be the right pick for you.
It is a perfect solution for someone who doesn’t have complex cooking needs; but not recommended for experts or professionals to use.
The price is reasonable considering the price; however, if you see flaws or find Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set reviews complaining just go back to the price tag.
Pros and Cons of Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- Constructed of 18/10 stainless steel and aluminum disc.
- Mirror polished outside and reflective finish offers quick release and easy clean up.
- Stackable and flat base makes it ideal for small storage space and kitchens.
- Tempered glass lids with steam vent to release excess steam and prevent splattering.
- Long dual riveted stainless steel handles for comfortable and strong grip.
- Supports gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction and oven.
- Oven safe up to 500F; however lids can only stand to 350F.
- Do not support broiler.
- Dishwasher safe but hand wash recommended.
- Not metal utensil safe.
Is Cook N Home Stainless Steel Cookware Oven safe?
Yes, this Cook N Home Stainless Steel cookware is not only oven safe but is capable to withstand heat from various heat sources including, electric, gas, ceramic, halogen and induction.
However, it does not work with broiler. The recommended temperature as per the manufacturer is 500F; however, the glass lids are limited to 350F.
As per the Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set reviews, the lids can be used in the temperature above 350F but are likely to discolor.
- How to Make a Ceramic Pan Non Stick Again – Best Guide
- Gotham Steel Pro Ceramic Nonstick Fry Pans – Buyer’s Guide
Talking of oven, the handles of Cook N Home Stainless Steel Cookware are made of stainless steel which means it can conduct heat;
though stainless steel is not a good conductor of heat but can be hot enough to cause injury if hold with bare hands.
It is recommended to use kitchen mitts or oven gloves before removing your cookware from the oven.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Stainless Steel
- It is a durable metal that is resistant to scratches, cracks, and dents which means that the stainless steel cookware will last for a lifetime.
- Stainless steel does not corrode, chip, rust or tarnish; even it does not react to ingredients like copper.
- Stainless steel cookware is known for its mirror finished appealing looks. The cookware if maintains properly and hand wash gently can keep its shine for a longer time.
- Since it is safe to cook and doesn’t react to ingredients it allows versatility; means that it can be used on various cooking surface and for making different kinds of dishes without any issue.
- Stainless steel is an affordable material a complete set of good quality pots and pans comes in a price range of $100.
- Stainless steel is super easy to clean compared to non stick, aluminum and other cookware materials. However, using metal scouring pads is nit recommended as they can leave scratch marks. You can also put the cookware into the dishwasher but continuous may cause the finish to dull over time.
- Unlike copper and cast iron, stainless steel is easier to maintain and care for. It doesn’t require seasoning and polishing.
- Stainless steel is a non-reactive material means it wouldn’t change the of your food nor the color of it which is usually happen with cast iron, aluminum or copper cookware.
- Stainless steel is a poor conductor of heat, means it doesn’t heat up fast like aluminum or copper.
- Unlike aluminum it doesn’t distribute heat evenly.
- It can cause food to stick.
Comprised of multiple pots and pans with this is the best cook n home cookware set that allows cooks to prepare multiple dishes such as prepping sauces, making soup, sautéing vegetables or frying fish.
Though this bargain cookware is not good for a professional kitchen; however, is perfect to meet the needs of a home kitchen or a beginner.
According to the Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set reviews, it is the best cook n home cookware set that offers quality that is available in a bargain price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is cooks stainless steel cookware safe?
Yes, cook n home frying pans and pots are safe and healthy as they are made of 18/10 grade stainless steel and aluminum core, both materials do not possess any health risks nor leach or flake like non stick cookware or alter taste like copper.
Is 18/10 stainless steel a good quality?
18/10 stainless steel is premium grade stainless compared to other stainless steel that is 18/8 or 18/0 and so it is pricey. The best thing about 18/10 stainless steel is that it is highly durable, long lasting, safe, healthy and non reactive to ingredients unlike copper cookware.
Are Cook N Home pots oven safe?
Though not all Cook and Home pots and pans are oven safe; however, as per the Cook N Home 12-Piece stainless steel cookware set reviews the pots and pans are compatible to gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, induction and oven safe up to 500F.
What are the disadvantages of stainless steel cookware?
- Poor conductor of heat – Stainless steel is not a good conductor of heat which mean unlike aluminum or copper it doesn’t heat up fast.
- Uneven heat distribution – When it comes to cooking, a cookware must possess even heat distribution. Stainless steel is not good at even heat distribution; this is why big cookware brands use it to clad heat efficient aluminum or copper for its durability.
- Food can stick – Unlike non-stick cookware; stainless steel requires much grease and low temperature to prevent the food from sticking as it is prone to sticking.