If you are a health conscious individual who is in search of best non stick green pans for your kitchen and is confused between GreenLife Vs GreenPan Cookware then this article will going to help you.
Many people when come to the market to buy the best non stick green pans; think that GreenLife and GreenPan are same.
However, both serve the same purpose and have almost the same features; but there are certain basic aspects in GreenLife Vs GreenPan cookware that may help you to take a better decision for your kitchen.
- 1 Quick Overview of Best GreenLife Cookware
- 2 Quick Overview of Best GreenPan Cookware
- 3 What is GreenLife Cookware?
- 4 What is GreenPan cookware?
- 5 Features: GreenLife Vs GreenPan Cookware
- 6 How to care for your Ceramic Non Stick Cookware?
- 7 How to Clean Ceramic Non stick Pots & Pans
- 8 Top 3 GreenLife Cookware Sets
- 9 Top 3 GreenPan Cookware Sets
- 10 GreenLife VS GreenPan Cookware: Final Verdict
Quick Overview of Best GreenLife Cookware
|GreenLife Soft Grip Pots and Pans Set
16 pieces cookware set
Thermolon non stick coating
Bakelite soft grip handles
Withstand high heat up to 850F
|GreenLife Soft Grip Diamond Cookware Set
16 pieces cookware set
Thermolon non stick coating
Bakelite soft grip handles
Set includes nylon utensils
Rivet less interior
|GreenLife Classic Pro Healthy Cookware Set
12 pieces cookware set
Set includes nylon utensils
Oven safe up to 600F
Non toxic non stick coating
Quick Overview of Best GreenPan Cookware
|GreenPan Lima Cookware Set
12 pieces cookware set
Set includes wooden utensils
Thermolon ceramic coating
Oven safe up to 600F
|GreenPan Rio Cookware Set
16 pieces cookware set
Set includes wooden utensils
Soft touch Bakelite handles
|GreenPan Chatham Cookware Set
15 pieces cookware with additional items
Diamond reinforced non stick coating
Metal utensil safe
What is GreenLife Cookware?
The manufacturer claims it to be the best non stick green pans that are healthy yet safe as compared to many other available non stick coatings.
For people who are health conscious and do not compromise on using Eco-friendly cooking utensils or cookware it is an ideal choice.
The GreenPan is among the famous brands for non stick cookware as well as kitchen accessories.
They’re mainly popular for their hard anodized and ceramic pans and pots. GreenPan cookware is made of non toxic non stick surface that is Eco-friendly and free from chemicals that are potentially harmful to health.
So they require much less oil for cooking and also cleaning is exceptionally simple.
What is GreenPan cookware?
Similar to GreenPan, GreenLife also claims that their ceramic cookware sets emit 60% less toxins meanwhile cooking.
GreenPan cookware is ecofriendly that they are made from recycled aluminum; though it doesn’t mean that they are less durable.
Instead they are GreenLife pots and pans are comes with sturdy and forged bases to withstand extreme temperatures and prevent warping.
The pots and pans have a Thermolon coating, which makes them stand against scratches. GreenLife’s ceramic cookware collections featured with sport Bakelite handles.
If you are interested to buy stainless steel then they have limited options avail compared to the Soft Grip lineup.
However, when it comes to design and colors; GreenLife holds the edge with its vibrant color schemes; such as pink, turquoise, yellow, lavender, etc.
Features: GreenLife Vs GreenPan Cookware
GreenLife pots and pans have ceramic aluminum body with a firm base that make sit highly accessible and lightweight.
The aluminum layer ensures stable and uniform heat distribution across the hole cooking surface while the Thermolon coating creates a natural yet convenient non stick layer.
GreenPan also use the same Thermolon ceramic non stick same as in GreenLifecookware sets.
It has a robust hard gauge construction that allows enhanced performance with precise temperature control and consistent cooking results every time.
The heavyweight and sturdy built, guarantees a durable and long lasting performance.
Greenlife pans are relatively heavier than GreenPan cookware items.
Both cookware are exceptionally well at even heat distribution. Traditional Teflon coated nonstick cookware take much time to heat up; however,Thermolon non stick coating exceptionally conducts heat, even at lower temperature settings and heats up quickly.
The GreenPan cookware is oven safe up to 800F;however, GreenLife cookware can withstand oven temperature up to 350F.
Heating your pans above the recommended temperature could cause premature aging and discoloration of the ceramic coating.
One thing that is for sure is you do not need to be worried about the toxins emitting from the cookware in case you accidentally overheat it; as there is no such chemicals or materials are used in the manufacturing of these cookware.
No matter how colorful your pan is or how many items are included in your cookware set; performance is the core aspect that matters a lot.
If we compare GreenLife and GreenPan then both are almost same in serving the purpose of healthy and ecofriendly cooking.
both use Thermolon non stick coating in their pots and pans to make sure nothing sticks on the surface while cooking on various heat sources.
Thermolon is definitely a good choice reliable and stress-free experience of browning, stewing, frying, or sautéing.
Moreover, the glass lids in both the cookware allow good monitoring; necessary for a perfectly and evenly prepared meal.
The external aluminum surface of the GreenPan cookware sets offers better heat conductivity.
So if you want to make your dish real quick you can cook it over medium or low heat settings as well.
If we talk about accessibility features GreenLife is a bit better with regards to comfort; the Bakelite handles remain cool while on the stovetop feature an ergonomic design for a snug grip.
Greenlife pots and pans on another the other hand, withstand heat up to 600F. One thing which is crucially important to know is that Ceramic made GreenLife cookware sets are not induction compatible by default.
However, if you use induction cooktops frequently then you need to choose an induction variant separately.
Bakelite handles of GreenLife pots and pans resists heat with comfort without hurting your hands.
The ceramic non stick coating is used in both GreenLife and GreenPan cookware sets to offer its users a doubt free healthy cooking experience unlike Teflon coated pots and pans.
The However, both GreenLife and GreenPan cookware sets are dishwasher safe; the Thermolon coating is known for its effortless cleaning and the non stick surface can cleaned by just a simple wipe with a nonabrasive sponge.
It is not just about GreenLife Vs GreenPan Cookware it lied on all the cookware we use, that how much scratch resistant they claim to be; it is best to remain careful as slight human error may turn the situation more challenging.
This is why wooden or silicon utensils are always a better option than to feel sorry later.
Both cookware offer limited lifetime warranties for their pans and pots and when it comes to pricing, both brands are comparatively less expensive than to the premium brands available in the market.
But if compare the pricing of both, GreenPan cookware sets are probably much expensive than GreenLife pots and pans.
How to care for your Ceramic Non Stick Cookware?
- After opening the package and removing all covering and labels, wash the pan with water and dishwashing soap and dry it with soft cloth or paper towel, to make sure all the dust particles and possible dirt is removed. Now it is ready to be used.
- Always coat slightly and evenly the interior surface of your pans. Applying oil, can help prevent food from sticking to the surface adds longevity to the non stick surface. Do not use cooking sprays as they can create a buildup which can’t be removed and later cause the food to stick more. Even avoid using such oils that cant withstand high head and may create a carbonized layer on the cooking surface.
- No matter how sure the manufacturer is, and how big claims they made about the scratch resistance. Always use wooden, nylon, plastic, or silicone, utensils to cook and to serve with. Never use knife to cut food while it is in the pot or pan. Sharp or rough edges of metal utensils can damage the surface by leaving scratch marks on your cookware. Using wooden or nylon utensils adds life to your ceramic cookware.
- Though we are discussing here GreenLife Vs GreenPan cookware, which are known to withstand high heat; but the thing which is based on the facts is that ceramic non sick cookware cannot withstand extreme temperatures for longer period of time. That is why it is recommended to cook on low or medium heat and always preheat your pots and pans with some oil or butter before adding ingredients or food to it. Ceramic cookware is known to cook food relatively quick as compare to traditional Teflon cookware that is why unnecessary high heat can cause food to stick or burn and discolor the cookware as well.
- Don’t hit, throw or even drop your ceramic non stick pots or pans on the floor, and take care to not stack or bend them, as this may damage ceramic coating, resulting in its non stick performance.
- Never ever through your hot ceramic cookware into the sink or submerge it into the water right after cooking and while it is still hot; rather let it completely cool down before washing. A sudden change in temperature damages the non stick coating and may compromise the cooking abilities of the cookware.
- Always make sure that your cookware is completely cleaned dried before storing. Stacking ceramic cookware onto one another may damage or scratch the cooking surface; store each item separately. If you have a limited storage space then it is better to keep soft kitchen towel or paper towel in between just to make sure that they don’t rub against each other.
How to Clean Ceramic Non stick Pots & Pans
- Read the manufacturer’s guidelines on how to clean, maintain, or take care of your ceramic coated non stick cookware. Cleaning ceramic non stick cookware relatively more easy then traditional cookware; these are non porous and has a slick yet smooth surface which tends to make cleaning a breeze.
- You may have a scratch resistant cookware, but it doesn’t allow you to clean it with harsh chemical detergents or using abrasive washing pads, such as steel wool. Even if your food is burnt, soak the pan in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes and later clean it with soft sponge.
- In order to scrape off burnt food you can nylon spatulas but using steel wool, knife or metal utensils is never a good idea.
- Before even start cooking, always rinse your pots and pans with water to keep any residue or grease to buildup or cause discoloration which may later be difficult to get rid of.
- Due to regular practical use, there are some stains which get permanent with the passage of time. Such stains or spots require deep cleaning, which can be done without using harsh chemicals by simply using the things available in your kitchen. Wet the desired area, later sprinkle a little amount of baking soda on the spots and let is stay there for 15 to 20 minutes. Now gently rub the paste with soft kitchen brush or nylon sponge in circular motions until the stains fade away. Rinse the pan with tap water and dry it with soft table cloth or paper towel.
- Generally, ceramic cookware does not require seasoning; however if it is mentioned in the product manual or manufacturer guidelines then you should follow it exactly. If it is asked to season to before use, then you are obliged to do it otherwise it may ruin the non stick surface. Always rinse and dry before seasoning and use a soft cloth to grease the oil on to the surface. If the cookware is oven safe, you can use oven or your cooktop to heat it up. After heating for the desired time, allow it to cool and wipe off the excess oil with soft cloth.
Top 3 GreenLife Cookware Sets
GreenLife Soft Grip Pots and Pans Set
This tough and vibrant ceramic cookware set is the most talked about for many good reasons.
One thing that many people don’t find it good with ceramic cookware is their heavy weight and difficult handling; but these Soft Grip pots and pans are extremely light in weight and simple to handle with no stability issues.
The ergonomic Bakelite handles are designed offer additional softness stay cool grip even on the cooktops. with their when you feel them.
Though the idea of recycled aluminum raises question on the durability but these colorful pots and pans are highly durable available with an amazingly affordable price that makes it a great option for kitchen rookies.
The strong aluminum body is efficiently heat resistant enough and evenly distributes heat incorporating with the resilient wobble free base.
The Thermolon ceramic non stick coating is unlike PTFE and PFOA providing healthy cooking experience with less oil and effortless cleaning.
The traditional non stick coating gives up above 500F, but the advantage of the Thermolon is that it is highly heat resistant and can endure up to 850F without flaking or releasing toxic fumes.
GreenLife Soft Grip Diamond Cookware Set
The Diamond Ceramic Nonstick Cookware is an ultra non stick with diamond reinforced Thermolon coating that tends to make cooking less greasy yet simple.
Crafted with recycled aluminum this cookware is much stronger compared to the other GreenLife sets.
The hard anodized aluminum efficiently and quickly transmits heat across the wobble free sturdy base to ensure an evenly cooked food.
Although these pans are dishwasher safe, however hand wash is suggested.
Soft Grip Bakelite handles are highly comfy and remains cool even on cooktops.
Tightly fitted transparent glass lids seal in the steam to keep the food warm yet fresh while the soft curved rims enable drip free pouring.
The rivet less interior keeps the food remains to create a messy build up.
GreenLife Classic Pro Healthy Cookware Set
The 12-Piece attractively designed cookware set includes the basic essentials used in everyday kitchen.
The tough hard anodized body is basically the recycled aluminum that quickly absorbs the heat and distributes heat evenly with the temperature resistant yet anti warp base.
The wobble free base is compatible to almost heat sources except induction.
Unlike the other GreenLife cookware this is comparatively it is made with dull color scheme and though for some it may same boring; however these multipurpose items are highly efficient for any kind of cooking experience.
Named after its ceramic coating, the non stick surface is easy to clean, healthy to cook and free from PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium which is even on high temperatures do not leach chemicals or release toxic fumes.
This versatile ceramic cookware set includes a fry pan, skillet, stockpots, saucepan and nylon utensils that are scratch resistant and do not warp.
The glass lids are highly durable and shares live cooking results without letting you compromise the heat or losing the flavor; however, they are oven safe up to 425F.
Other than the lids all the other items are oven safe up to 600F.
Each item of this Pro healthy ceramic is dishwasher but hand wash is recommended with a gentle wipe.
Top 3 GreenPan Cookware Sets
GreenPan Lima Cookware Set
Made from hard anodized aluminum the scratch resistant extra resilient body offers fantastic heat conductivity and reliable results over all cooktops except induction. The cookware is oven safe up to 600F without lids.
GreenPan’s signature ceramic non stick coating is composed of ecofriendly elements that are not risky just like any other Teflon coted cookware.
The Thermolon healthy ceramic non stick coating is do not blister, peel, flake or release any toxic fumes.
Ergonomically designed riveted stainless steel handles are highly durable and comfy for quick lifting and maneuvering.
The cookware set includes a saucepan, casserole, skillet and fry pans with lids along with wooden utensils and stainless steel steamer; every item is oven safe and can withstand high temperature except the lids that are oven safe up to 425F only.
GreenPan Rio Cookware Set
The GreenPan Rio is constructed with a high quality recycled aluminum that incorporates with sturdy base to provide better heat distribution for fast and consistent culinary.
The cookware is good with low or medium temperatures; however, if you like to bake then you need overheat the pans for improved baking results.
The ceramic collection is featured with the premium nonstick ceramic coating that is healthy to prepare variety of foods and effortless to maintain and clean.
The diamond infused non stick coating resilient to withstand heat and do not release toxins as it is free from lead, cadmium, PFOA and PFAS.
The eye-catching Bakelite handles are soft to hold and remain cool to handle makes maneuvering and lifting really comfortable without hurting the hands.
The transparent glass lids are quite strong and helps in keeping the food intact to make an appetizing dish while retaining heat and flavor to keep it fresh with its actual texture.
Over all the cookware is light in weight, can bear the temperature up to 350F, and is dishwasher safe; however hand wash is suggested.
GreenPan Chatham Cookware Set
The 10-piece ceramic non stick cookware set is made with hard anodized aluminum featuring diamond reinforced Thermolon non stick coating that is healthy to cook scratch resistant to safely maneuver with metal utensils.
The heavy duty non stick coating furthermore has the capability to stand up to the daily cooking demands of your kitchen.
The durable heavy gauge aluminum is highly resilient to withstand the temperature from various heat sources including oven and broiler up to 600F.
The durable transparent lids offer a clear view of the food for easy monitoring; however is not compatible with such extreme temperature and can only resist temperature up to 425F.
The ergonomically designed dual riveted matte stainless steel handles provide comfortable and secure grip.
The set includes saucepans, fry pans, casserole and skillet with lid; all these items are dishwasher safe.
GreenLife VS GreenPan Cookware: Final Verdict
It is quite difficult when you run down a comparison between GreenLife Vs GreenPan and to choose one between the two.
Both have almost same features and promote the same purpose of healthy and safe cooking.
Lets have a final look at some major GreenLife Vs GreenPan Cookware differences so that it would easy be for you to get the better product.
If we talk about variety of products and cookware sets then GreenLife offers a limited array of its collections, however,GreenPan has introduced so far several cookware series and further variations.
GreenLife is a big supporter of hard anodized aluminum and don’t have other material options.
GreenPan has utilized both aluminum and stainless steel in its clad. Usually both cookware brands utilize the Thermolon non stick coating ;however GreenPan has an edge by offering two more variations like Diamond Advanced and Mineral Pro.
People who prefer induction compatible cookware aren’t a big fan of GreenLife as it offers a only Classic Pro cookware that is induction compatible while GreenPan has produced several induction compatible cookware sets or individual pieces.
If we consider a durable long lasting cookware that can withstand variety of cooking tasks then GreenPan is all perfect with an additional investment; however, if you are budget constraint yet like to enjoy the safest cooking experience then GreenLife is good to go.