Mauviel is not just an ordinary cookware brand that you use without considering wear and tear in your kitchen.
It is a luxurious brand that is liked by top chefs and cooking professionals for its superior quality and classy looks.
The brand also uses aluminum and stainless steel as well. This article is based upon the Mauviel cookware reviews to deep dive into the making and features of cookware.
Mauviel is a renowned French cookware brand established since 1830. It is known for its high quality construction materials and unmatched craftsmanship.
Since the cookware is made in France it carries the French traditional design and aesthetics which makes it apart from the other cookware brands.
Why Mauviel Cookware Is Pricey?
Mauviel cookware is pricey because it is made of copper that is known for excellent heat conductivity.
It quickly retains temperature thus allowing the user to control and maintain the right cooking temperature.
Must Read: Best Copper Cookware – Useful Guide With Pros & Cons
Moreover, they conduct heat uniformly and quickly throughout the cooking surface which makes them allow less energy to consume and less time to get the food prepare.
Mauviel cookware is long lasting and durable. It does not need much maintenance; however, you need to be careful in cleaning them as dishwashing is not suggested by the manufacturer.
Thanks to the sturdiness of Mauviel cookware, if properly cared, the cookware can serve you for more than 2 to 3 decades.
You don’t have to worry about warping, corrosion and hotspots, the manufacturer make sure to clad them with suitable materials.
So even if they are costly, they worth every penny and serve every bit. All in all its an investment you wouldn’t regret.
Important Features That Tends To Buy This Cookware
- Mauviel cookware is known for its excellent heat conductivity that allows both home and professional cooks to enjoy a premium grade cooking experience by controlling the temperature and preventing warp or corrosion.
- Since copper doesn’t retain heat like stainless steel or cast iron, Mauviel cookware allows much control over cooking temperature that prevents from food to burn or stick.
- Its quick responsiveness to temperature comes handy when prepping wick meals and sauces. This is the reason why restaurant’s and fine dining chefs admire this cookware a lot.
- Since dishwashing may tarnish the mirror polished copper surface, Mauviel cookware can be easily cleaned by hand using silicone washing pads or sponge with warm water.
- Mauviel is not just known for its durability and excellent cooking performance but is also popular for the finesse it offers. However, regular maintenance is required to keep its beauty intact.
- Mostly Mauviel cookwares are not entirely made of copper but it’s a combination of 10% stainless steel with 90% copper to blend durability with heat efficient performance.
- Mostly comprised of gorgeous hammered finish, Mauviel copper cookware is a gorgeous yet elegant cookware.
How to Maintain Copper Cookware?
- You might have bought the best Mauviel cookware, but regular usage may result in tarnishing its polish. Tarnish is a corrosion layer occurs due to regular exposure to air and water. In order to prevent tarnish or regain the copper finish you must need to polish your copper cookware after every few months with a copper cleaner.
- No matter how durable your copper cookware is, it is not a good idea to clean it in the dishwasher. Always give it a gentle wash with a dish soap and warm water using a sponge.
- Be gentle, even if your food is stuck. Always use non abrasive washing pads. Using steel wool, abrasive scouring pads, bleach and harsh chemicals can compromise the beautiful surface forever. Abrasive cleaners are not safe, even if they are being advertised that way.
- In order to get rid of stubborn food residue, fill your copper cookware with water and few drops of mild dishwashing soap and let it simmer for 10 minutes on the stove. As the mixture cools off, scrub off the food residue with sponge or nylon utensils, wash and rinse the cookware.
- Copper pots and pans are great at heat conductivity they heat up quickly compared to other cookware materials. Avoid pre heating copperware, the sensitive tin lining can melt upon over heating or pre heating.
- In order to prevent possible discoloration, avoid thermal conductivity. Allow your copper cookware cool off before give them a wash. Never throw them in the sink right after cooking or when they hot.
- Always add salt after giving your ingredients a boil. Adding salt from the start, cause white spots and tiny bumps on the cooking surface. Pitting is not dangerous to you health, but it may diminish the copper polished surface.
- Never use metal utensils and scouring pads. Always use nylon or wooden utensils to keep your cookware from scratches.
- Acidic foods like vinegar, tomatoes can leach copper into food which can be harmful to health. Avoid cooking acidic ingredients like vinegar, tomatoes, lemon and sauces.
- IF you want to remove the tarnish from your copper cookware you can use the things already available in your kitchen such as lemon and salt. Use lemon juice and salt in ratio of 3:1 and rub the solution with a piece of cloth on to the tarnished surface and it will magically remove the tarnish. You can use any acidic thing instead of lemon juice such as orange juice or vinegar.
- In order to prevent your copper pots and pans from tarnishing, use wipe a little coat of baby or mineral oil over its surface. Copper starts to tarnish when they left to air dry right after cleaning. The best way is to seal the copper surface with baby oil or any other mineral oil after cleaning and drying to prevent it from direct exposure to air.
- Do not let your copper pans and pots submerge in the sink over night. Remember water increases the tarnishing frequency. After use let it to be cool for a while and wash it right away.
- After cleaning, manually dry the cookware. Letting your copper cookware air dry will eventually result in tarnishing the pots and pans. Use soft table cloth or paper towel to dry it manually and store it in a dry place.
Mauviel Vs All Clad Cookware: Which is Best?
5-Ply Cookware: Mauviel M’Cook 5-Ply VS All-Clad D3: No doubt the All-Clad stainless steel line is a class apart cookware available in the market.
The premium grade tri ply construction consists of heavy gauge aluminum cladded in between the 18/10 stainless steel layers to offer a restaurant grade cooking experience to its users.
Must Read: All-clad 4110 ns r2 non-stick fry pan (Expert Review)
The unique cladding and bonding of materials by All-clad ensures uniform distribution of heat from the core to the walls withstanding the heat in a special way to prevent hot spots, warping and corrosion.
Just like All-Clad, Mauviel also believes in more layers bring more efficiency. They offer 5 ply constructed cookware by the name of M’Cook 5-ply offers a 5-ply construction that offers ultimate heat distribution with resistance against warp and corrosion.
Both Mauviel and All-Clad sets withstand extreme high temperatures from different cooktops such as gas, electric, ceramic, oven and induction cooktops.
All-Clad can resist up to 600F while Mauviel can stand up to 680F. Both cookwares have tight fitting stainless steel lids and handles that are durably riveted and cool to touch.
Mauviel M’Heritage Copper VS All-Clad Copper Core:Pots and pans made of copper are very durable, safe and good at heat conductivity; however, they are not as durable as stainless steel. Mauviel and All-Clad have used copper with a different approach in their cookware sets.
Mauviel M Heritage consists of 2 ply construction with 90% copper exterior and 10% of 18/10 stainless steel interior.
Must Read: All-Clad D3 vs D5: Comparison Guide With Pros & Cons
This way copper conducts provides excellent heat conductivity without causing hot spots and warping while the stainless steel helps in cooking safe and healthy food without reacting to ingredients, changing taste or color.
All-Clad copper core cookware on the other hand embeds the copper core in between the aluminum and stainless steel.
The idea is to take advantage of the three different materials in achieving best cooking results along with nice design and durable construction.
If we compare beauty and design, Mauviel M’Heritage is the winner with its stunning looks and modern design.
Both the cookware sets are oven safe and can be used on various cooktops except the Mauviel M’Heritage which doesn’t work on the induction cooktop.
The manufacturer of the Mauviel M’Heritage and Mauviel cookware reviews advise not to clean them in the dishwasher as it may damage the copper finish.
Both All-Clad and Mauviel offer high quality, better performance and durability with a lifetime warranty.
Must Read: Top 5 Best Affordable Non Stick Pans – Buyer’s Guide
Mauviel M’Heritage M250 Copper Pan VS All-Clad 5-Ply Bonded Pan: All-Clad 5 ply copper core frying pan consists of different layers of materials with two magnetic stainless steel layers cladding aluminum, and a thick core of copper for efficient heat distribution preventing warp and corrosion.
Whereas Mauviel uses only two layers, one is the sturdy stainless steel with a thick layer of copper.
However, the thickness of 2.3mm Mauviel frying pan still beats the thickness of All-Clad pan that is 1.66mm.
You may consider All-Clad light in weight but its heat capacity is low. If you prefer more copper, consider Mauviel it will help you achieving exceptional cooking results.
If we consider shape, the low flaring sides of All Clad helps pouring liquids and tossing ingredients effortless. The 7 inch wide cooking surface lets you sear or braise a big batch of food.
The Mauviel pan on the other hand resembles the true picture of French skillet with a wide cooking surface of 7.25 inch with no pouring lip and low flared sides.
Both frying pans don’t differ much in terms of price, so price is not a decision making factor. However, All-Clad is an American brand whereas Mauviel is made in France.
With All-Clad dishwashing is not a problem, you can easily throw it in the dishwasher and its stainless steel luster remains the same.
Related Article: Best Nickel free Stainless Steel Cookware Set – Expert Guide
With Mauviel, cleaning requires hand job. The mirror polished copper finish cant stand the dishwasher. In general, Mauviel requires serious maintenance.
Mauviel Vs All Clad: Which is Best? Overall both cookwares are worth buying. Both are durably constructed and withstand various heat sources and are known last for a lifetime.
Manufacturers of both the brands offer life time warranty that protects your rights being a customer from any lack in craftsmanship.
- Stainless Steel vs Nonstick Cookware – Pros & Cons
- All-Clad D3 vs D5: Comparison Guide With Pros & Cons
Mauviel is relatively expensive than All-Clad and the reason is copper is a pricey metal that offers better performance with beautiful design and durability.
All-Clad is no doubt a name that speaks for itself if you are a copper fan then Mauviel is a show stopper.
Both are easy to clean and maintain but since Mauviel is comprised of copper that can get tarnish if cleaned in dishwasher it is safe to give it a hand wash.
Best Mauviel Cookware Reviews
1.Muaviel M’heritage Copper Cookware Set
Handcrafted in France, this 9 piece 2 mm copper cookware set is manufactured using traditional copper making techniques blended with modern construction.
The three layer construction consists of 18/10 stainless-steel interior cladding a heat responsive aluminum core and exterior comprised of 2mm copper. The combination of three unique layers conduct heat quickly and uniformly.
Since stainless steel is a non reactive metal, it serves as a safe and healthy interior without reacting to ingredients or altering the taste of food.
Copper is great at quickly respond to temperature and further retains it allowing the users to enjoy much control during cooking.
Moreover, the thick copper with brushed exterior withstands the temperature of gas, electric, halogen and oven; however, it is not induction compatible and stands up to 680F.
This Mauviel copper cookware set consists of a skillet, 2 saucepans with lids, a sauté pan with lid and stock pot with lid along with a Copper brill Copper Cleaner.
The cast iron handles are fastened with stainless steel rivets ensuring greater durability and comfortable handling without straining hands.
If you are a fan of glass lids, then you might don’t like the cast iron lids; however, they help secure the steam and keep the food stay fresh longer. All the pieces are easy to clean and should only be washed by hand.
2.Mauviel 250B Copper Skillet
This 8 inch copper skillet is no doubt the best Mauviel frying pan for reheating foods and preparing sauces, rice, and breakfast.
The Mauviel M’heritage 250B is constructed of highly heat efficient copper that provides unsurpassed heat conductivity and stainless steel ideal to meet all cooking needs without reacting to flavors.
Must Read: Best Electric Skillet For 2022 – Review & Guide
Features with a 2.5 mm thickness, the skillet consists of 10% stainless steel and 90% copper that allows the staple to heat up quickly and evenly on various cooktops except induction.
The ergonomically designed long and attractive bronze handle is triple riveted with stainless steel for a sturdy grip and stays cool on the cooktop.
The manufacture doesn’t suggest to dish wash; however, cleaning this staple is a breeze. All you need is a soft nylon scrubber for a quick and gently wash.
If you may find it difficult to store this frying pan, you can use the round hollow design at the edge of the handle to hand it on the utensils rack.
It may seem a bit of an investment; however, this is the best Mauviel frying pan that is designed to last a lifetime.
The performance of copper and durability of stainless steel is combined efficiently to create this beautiful and high end rustic cookware.
3.Muaviel M Cook 5.8-Quart Rondeau
Mauviel products are already known for their exclusive designs and unsurpassed performance, made of 5 ply layers, this high performance rondeau is one of the best on the market.
Stainless steel is already known a sturdy cookware material that withstands heat from all cooktops without getting warp or corrodes; however, it is not that efficient to conduct and distribute heat evenly.
Must Read: Top 3 Best Rondeau Pans – Buyer’s Guide
In order to get over this issue, Mauviel used aluminum alloy cladding in between the two aluminum layers with magnetic stainless steel layers to provide superior heat conductivity and controlled even heat distribution.
Built like a professional rondeau, this 5.8 quarts rondeau has the perfect size to serve the needs of a large family.
This 2.6mm thick rondeau is designed to work on all cooktops such as, gas, electric, ceramic, halogen and induction.
Tapered rims allow easy transferring of liquids and sauces preventing drippings on the counters.
Must Read: Best Cookware for Home Chef – Top 6 Picks of Senior Chefs
The ergonomically designed cast stainless steel handles are hollow on one side and firmly riveted to the pan’s walls to offer your hands much room for a good grasp and remains cool even on cooktop to help you prepare meal efficiently.
Unlike, other Mauviel copper cookware this rondeau is the best Mauviel cookware that can be cleaned in the dishwasher without a doubt.
The tightly fitted stainless steel lid is uniquely designed to circulate steam and preventing food from overheating; the built-in stabilizers makes sure the lid does not slide off and remain intact while cooking.
4.Muaviel Carbon Steel Non Stick Pan
This all purpose thick carbon steel pan is designed for both home and commercial use. We already know that carbon steel pans are works impressive more than the stainless steel skillets and safer than non stick pans.
The reason is, carbon steel has no coating that can leech or flake upon heating. It is like cast-iron in browning and prepping food evenly; however, it is much lighter in weight and much easier to handle.
Related Article: Carbon Steel Vs Cast Iron Frying Pan – Which One Is Better?
Constructed of durable and highly efficient heat conducting carbon steel that withstands temperature from various heat sources such as gas, electric, oven, halogen and induction.
It allows longer time preheating with amazing searing, brewing and frying experience without causing hot and cold spots.
The angled sides are quite helpful to stir fry and sautéing vegetables without dropping the contents.
Since the pan constructed of unseasoned black carbon steel, you need to follow the guidelines prior to first use as suggested by the manufacturer to remove any possible dust or factory residue and season it to make a healthy cooking start.
The ergonomically designed, triple riveted handle helps to toss the ingredients with ease and comfort.
For those who like to have a healthy meal with less grease, this is the best Mauviel frying pan that lets you cook meal without letting it stick and clean it effortlessly.
All you need is to follow a routine seasoning schedule just as guided by the maker. Do not throw this staple into the dishwasher, it can be cleaned easily with just a gentle wipe; you can use the excess leftover grease as seasoning.
5.Mauviel 150B Copper Oval Pan
This beautiful and glittery oval pan is a combination of two highly efficient materials; consists of a 1.5mm thick copper body that is bonded to a thin but sturdy stainless steel interior.
We all know that copper is durable, corrosion resistant and great at heat conductivity; however, it may react to ingredients.
In order to keep the pan safe, healthy and prevent it from reacting to ingredients the manufacturer uses hard wearing, non-reactive stainless steel as an interior that is considered ideal for all types of cooking activities.
The dual riveted bronze loop handles adds a beautiful look to the oval shape of this copper pan; however, they get hot and you will need to have gloves on for holding or carrying the pan.
The 1.5mm thick high performing copper quickly responds to temperature change, allows the users to control the heat as required. The copper core allows it to be used on gas, electric, oven and halogen.
Since it is not induction compatible but you as per the Mauviel cookware reviews you can use induction interface disc to work on induction cooktop.
Though it is super sturdy and a bit expensive pan but cleaning it in the dishwasher will not be a good idea. The manufacturer suggests to wash it by hand using soft silicon scrubber and mild detergent.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mauviel the best copper cookware?
Yes, no doubt, Mauviel copper cookware set is the best copper cookware that allows you to enjoy the benefits of copper’s excellent heating and strength benefits.
It is considered a great choice to cook healthy food and serve with its elegant glittering looks. It responds to temperature quickly and retains it for longer time to keep your food fresh and warm.
Are all Mauviel products made in France?
Yes, all the Mauviel pots and pans that includes Mauviel copper cookware set and Mauviel stainless steel pans all are made in Normandy, France.
Do Mauviel handles get hot?
Almost all the handles of Mauviel pots and pans are made of cast iron and cast iron get hot within few minutes on the cooktop.
In order to handle it perfectly, you need to have your mittens on or use a table cloth to prevent any injury.
Does Mauviel copper work on induction?
No, Mauviel copper cookware set is not induction compatible. However, Mauviel has introduced products to fit the cooking requirements of every kitchen. You can have Mauviel stainless steel pan to cook on your induction cooktop.
If you still want to use Mauviel copper cookware set on your induction hob, you can use an interface disc under your cookware bottom so that you get a quick and even heat transfer.
Can you put Mauviel in the dishwasher?
As per the manufacturer, all the Mauviel pots and pans are super sturdy and can be put in the dishwasher; however, it is not recommended.
If we compare copper and stainless steel, Mauviel stainless steel pans and pots can stand to the harsh cycle of dishwasher but the copper one may lose its shine.