If you are looking for a non stick cookware that is not only healthy to cook food but also can perform on induction then you NuWave cookware can fulfill al your cooking needs.
According to the NuWave cookware reviews the brand offers cooking solution to all the individuals whether they look for a single cooking staple or a NuWave 7-piece cookware set.
- 1 NuWave Cookware Buying Guide?
- 2 Why Should you Buy a NuWave Cookware?
- 3 Pros and Cons of Best NuWave Cookware
- 4 Features of NuWave Cookware
- 5 NuWave Cookware Vs. Stainless Steel Cookware
- 6 Cleaning Tips of NuWave Cookware
- 7 Now Complete Discuss About Top 5 NuWave Cookware Sets
- 7.1 1.NuWave Commercial 12inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan
- 7.2 2.NuWave Duralon 12-piece Healthy Ceramic Forged, Dishwasher-Safe, Induction-Ready Cookware Set
- 7.3 3.NuWave 31438 Grill Pan, 15.1 x 13.6 x 4.6 inches, Copper
- 7.4 4.NuWave 9.5-inch Duralon Healthy Ceramic Forged Aluminum
- 7.5 5.NuWave Ultimate Cookware Steamer and Fondue Set
- 8 Final Thoughts
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
NuWave Cookware Buying Guide?
Stainless Steel: If you are looking for durable yet long lasting staples then what could be better than stainless steel.
The classic and uncoated stainless steel is a good choice for browning and braising ingredients.
Stainless steel serves for a lifetime with ability to tackle everything from pasta to pickle it is the perfect kitchen workhorse.
The best thing is it is a durable, eco friendly and easy to clean material that provides rapid heat on various cooktops including induction.
We have discussed some of the best NuWave cookware for induction. Moreover, you can throw it in the dishwasher for a quick wash or place it in the oven a well.
Non stick: Non stick comes handy to prepare daily meals in a healthy and fat free manner.
You will find different kinds of non stick pots and pans from cheap to branded ones.
Experts often suggest not to buy expensive non stick cookware. The reason is, non stick coatings are not designed for lifetime; over the time their ability to release food and nonstick surface gets weaken.
The right practice is to buy less expensive non stick cookware and care for it such as not to use metal utensils, washing it by hand and do not scratch while cooking.
Multiply Material: A multi ply cookware is made by combining several materials into one to utilize the strengths and benefits of all the metals.
This type of cooking material is perfect for good conductivity, even heating, nearly any method of cooking with convenience.
It is available in various range of metal combinations, such as stainless steel with aluminum, copper with aluminum, cast iron with aluminum, carbon steel with aluminum or stainless steel cladding aluminum and copper cores.
Hard Anodized Aluminum: It is the most affordable cookware material works well when bonded with both carbon steel, stainless steel and copper.
The metal is pressed into different layers of metals and then chemically treated to make it sturdy, smooth and non reactive.
You can call it the safe, healthy and eco friendly cooking material.
Most hard anodized cookware are made with a coating of non stick to provide a stick free cooking experience.
However, the non stick coating makes it vulnerable and less durable.
Why Should you Buy a NuWave Cookware?
IF you have versatile cooking needs or likes to try cooking on induction cooktop or in oven then NuWave cookware is a fantastic option for you.
According to the NuWave cookware reviews, the pots and pans are sturdy, non-toxic, works well on various cooktops.
Almost all NuWave cookware oven safe and we have discussed some of the best NuWave cookware for induction in a highly affordable range.
It is one of the few cookware brands that offer non stick induction cookware. Their pots and pans are easy to maintain and care for.
The sleek and smooth Duralon coating offers effortless release and helps get rid of the greasy food remains with just a sponge swipe.
NuWave has all the qualities a branded cookware do have with a less expensive price.
The brand offers single pieces and NuWave 7-piece cookware sets to 12-piece sets as well to facilitate the needs of your kitchen.
Pros and Cons of Best NuWave Cookware
Pros of NuWave Duralon 12-piece Ceramic Cookware Set
- This NuWave cookware set is considered to be one of the best NuWave cookware for induction cooktop. It is also among some of the high quality induction cookware which is available in the market.
- The smooth and durable Duralon non stick coating makes it easy to cook.
- Considering the pros and quality it holds, this cookware set is affordable compared to other branded ceramic cookware available in market.
- This 12-piece ceramic NuWave cookware oven safe up to 450F.
- If you are not a fan of dishwashing then the good news is, you can clean it by hand using soft sponge and dishwashing soap. It is amazingly easy to clean thanks to the special coating it is made of.
- The non stick coating of this Duralon ceramic cookware set is PTFE and PFOA free.
Cons of NuWave Duralon 12-piece Ceramic Cookware Set
- Though the non stick coating is said to be safe and healthy but it requires special care while handling, cooking and cleaning as it may get off easily. Customers have seen complaining about the food started to stick.
- The dual riveted handles are extremely durable but don’t seem to be comfortable as they can easily gain heat. You might need to use oven mitts or table cloth to maneuver the pots and pans.
- The cookware set does not have lids for the frying pans.
Features of NuWave Cookware
PTFE and PFOA free
NuWave cookware sets are made of eco friendly materials.
Pots and pans made of PTFE and PFOA are linked to cancer and various life threatening diseases over countless studies.
PTFE is an abbreviation for Teflon that breaks down upon overheating and results releasing toxic chemicals into the air.
NuWave stainless steel cookware, copper and hard anodized pots and pans are made without any such materials or chemicals that can be harmful to human health.
Moreover, the NuWave cookware is extremely easy to clean.
Induction & Oven safe
Mostly the NuWave cookwares set are induction and oven friendly.
If you are not into cooking over a hard stove prepping meal over induction or oven is just safe and perfect.
Oven and induction distribute heat evenly really well throughout the entire cookware achieve evenly cooked food.
Induction cooking is more energy efficient compared to other burners and heating surfaces.
Besides, the NuWave cookware oven safe and induction friendly that they can withstand high temperatures.
However, the handles can get hot and may cause injury, it is also better to remove the glass lids when your oven temperature is up to 450F or beyond.
Definitely everyone does want a cookware that lasts long a life time.
Though NuWave does not promise for a lifelong performance; however, they are capable to deliver long lasting durable performance.
NuWave ceramic and NuWave stainless steel cookware have been made to offer exactly that.
The interior is crafted from aluminum that guarantees excellent thermal conductivity, light weight and even heat transfer and the exterior is made of robust stainless steel for that serves to protect the NuWave pots and pans from any potential damages, is safe and offers fast cooking experience.
The non stick ceramic coating is infused with both diamond and titanium allows you healthy cooking and effortless cleaning.
The transparent glass lids with steam vents accompanying the pots and pans for steaming and allows visibility to your food. Moreover, they add beauty to the cookware sets.
Whether its NuWave 7-piece cookware set or NuWave stainless steel cookware set every piece of the brand has cool to touch handles that are safe to hold and carry.
The handles are sturdy enough to carry the temperatures well without reacting or damaging.
However, it is always best to check the manual to see how much heat they can endure.
While simmering or maneuvering your pans in the oven wearing oven mitts or pot holder can save you from any possible injury.
The tempered glass lids are provided with vent holes that can withstand temperature up to 600F in the oven.
If your cooking temperature is above than that then you need to remove the lid.
We recommend do not use dishwasher for NuWave cookware sets even if the manufacturer claims them to be dishwasher safe.
The reason is, frequent dishwashing chemicals and harsh cycle cause damage to the cookware and shorten their life span.
NuWave Cookware Vs. Stainless Steel Cookware
The NuWave hard anodized cookware is made with a steel base to support induction cooking.
The aluminum is made to support even distribution of heat with hard anodized exterior for durability along with a nonstick ceramic coating.
The hard anodized cookware is said to be dishwasher safe but is not recommended to do so.
The hard anodized material with ceramic non stick coating does not lasts long so extra care is suggested for the users.
On the other hand, NuWave stainless steel is healthy as it does not have any sort of coating that can easily be peeled or scratched.
In terms of deterioration, stainless steel remains safe as it does not react with acidic.
Cleaning Tips of NuWave Cookware
Cleaning Tips for Stainless Steel Pans
- Before going to give a wash, wipe away excess oil or grease with a paper towel, and then wash it with dishwashing soap and water.
- Always use nylon or soft sponge instead of steel wool or abrasive scouring pads to avoid any scratch marks.
- Later dry it using towel avoid water spots.
- In case of tough food stains fill your pots and pans with mixture of vinegar and water and let it boil for a while. After the mixture is cooled off scrape the food particles with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Cleaning Tips for Nonstick Pans
- Non stick NuWave cookware set is easy to clean. If you clean your pots and pans right away the food rinses off immediately.
- Abrasive washing pads are strictly not allowed as they can compromise the non stick coating and may expose your food to toxic chemicals.
- A quick hand wash with a dishwashing soap and a soft sponge helps you avoid scratching.
- For burnt-on food on non stick cookware, fill your pots and pans the pan with 1/4 cup of baking soda and water and put the mixture on the burner. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Throw off the ingredients, let the pan cool and later wash with soapy water.
- The hot water and harsh chemicals of dishwasher are not suitable for non stick pots and pans and can damage the nonstick coating.
Cleaning Tips for Copper Pans
- Just like your non stick cookware, always give a gentle wash to your copper pots and pans. Allow them to cool off then wash them with warm water and a soft sponge. If possible you can skip the dishwashing soap.
- Copper pots and pans have a natural patina, if you want to keep your cookware shiny make a mixture of lemon juice/ vinegar with baking soda to get rid of the tough food stains. Cover the surface with that and after few minutes buff it with a soft cloth.
- Beware of the bleach and chemical cleaners to clean your copper cookware. Bleach can cause corrosion and will cause your copper pots and pans to pit.
Now Complete Discuss About Top 5 NuWave Cookware Sets
Constructed of commercial grade materials this tri ply frying pan is made of aluminum core sandwiched between the 18/10 stainless steel.
The combination of materials provides even heat distribution with compatibility to perform on various heat sources makes it perfect for everyday use.
Just like the other NuWave cookware oven safe, this 12-inch frying pan is induction ready and safe to be used on electric and gas stoves as well.
The dual riveted cast stainless steel handle provides durable and strain free support to help you maneuver or carry easily. The pan is claimed to be dishwasher safe and can be placed in oven for up to 500F.
Constructed of high-quality anodized metals, this premium line of cookware consists of eco friendly Duralon non stick coating that is free from hazardous chemicals like PTFE, PFOA, lead and cadmium.
The non stick construction is ideal for prepping variety of meals while ensuring the ingredients won’t burn or stick and later supports effortless cleaning.
All the staples are provided with shatter resistant glass lids except for the frying pans.
The vent holes provide escape to excess steam to avoid splattering and helps you keep an eye on your food without lifting the lid every time.
As per the NuWave cookware reviews, the dual riveted stainless steel handles says cool even on cooktop and provides a strain free sturdy grip.
These pots and pans are good to go with all the heat sources including induction and oven.
Made of premium forged aluminum, this premium grade grill pan is coated with Duralon healthy ceramic non stick coating that makes it a perfect choice for far free grilling and BBQ.
The titanium infused ceramic coating with diamond infused base coat makes it pan nonporous, allows even heat distribution for a perfectly grilled meal.
This 15 inch grilled pan with it stainless steel pan is compatible with electric, gas, induction cooktops and oven as well.
The built in ridges leaves beautiful grill marks on your vegetables and meat without adding unwanted fat and grease.
The elegant looking double riveted loop handles on both sides provides comfy yet sturdy grip to help you carry the staple with ease.
Provided with a tempered glass lid that offers clear visibility to your food also featuring a vent hole to avoid splattering due to excess steam built up.
This 9.5 inch frying pan consists of a heat conductive stainless steel base with heavy gauge aluminum coated with NuWave’s Duralon non-toxic hard ceramic nonstick coating.
Unlike the other toxic coatings the pan is free from harmful chemicals such as PTFE, PFOA, lead and cadmium.
Though the pan is called to be dishwasher safe but we recommend hand washing since it is extremely easy to clean with just a soft sponge and little dishwashing soap. The pan is not provided with a lid that you may count as a con.
The long double riveted stainless steel handle remains cool even on stovetops and doesn’t need to be hold with a cloth or oven mitts.
Since the manufacturer didn’t provide pour spout for easy draining the thick walls make it easy to avoid the drippings if carefully pour out your gravies and sauces carefully.
This beautifully crafted 3.5-quart pot is made of from premium grade stainless steel making it perfect for almost any heat source including oven and induction.
The cookware is precisely designed for fast and even heat distribution. The 3.5 quart steamer basket helps straining the liquids and steaming the foods perfectly.
According to NuWave cookware reviews, this steamer and fondue set offers an experience that is class apart with effortless cleaning.
The shatter resistant tempered glass lid includes a vent hole that ensures to release excess steam to prevent splattering. The whole set is does not contain harmful chemicals and is oven safe up to 350F.
IF you are looking for a quality cookware that is equally functional, beautiful and affordable then NuWave is the perfect choice for your kitchen.
The premium grade construction with eco friendly coating precisely infused together to offer a healthy cooking experience on almost all heat sources including oven and induction.
As per the Nuwave cookware reviews, the post and pans are extremely easy to clean.
Whether you want to purchase Nuwave 7-piece cookware set or single skillet, the brand offers staples that suit the requirements of every individual.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NuWave pans have Teflon?
NuWave pots and pans have Duralon ceramic nonstick coating that is free from PTFE, PFOA, cadmium and lead.
Are NuWave pans safe?
Whether its about the construction of the features included, NuWave pots and pans are considered safe as per the NuWave cookware reviews.
Consists of ceramic non stick coating, premium grade stainless steel and hard anodized aluminum the cookware is safe and durable.
The cool to touch handles and tempered glass lids made precisely keeping in mind the safety of the users.
The pots and pans are made to withstand high temperatures on various heat sources.
Can you put NuWave cookware in the oven?
NuWave Duralon Cookware can withstand temperature up to 900F. The stainless steel handles are cool to touch; however, we suggest you to use oven mitts. It’s better to remove lids before putting into the oven.
How do you clean a NuWave pan?
No matter if your manufacturer claims your cookware to be dishwasher safe. Always try to clean them by using warm soapy water with a soft sponge then rinse and dry using table cloth.
NuWave pots and pans are extremely easy to clean that you can simply wipe clean them with a damp paper towel. Abrasive washing pads are not recommended.
Is Duralon toxic?
Duralon is a highly durable and safe non stick coating compared to the conventional non stick coatings. IT is less prone to scratching, flaking and peeling even if it experiences high temperatures it does not release toxic fumes nor chips easily.